Thursday, December 23, 2010

What's blooming Dec 23

Not a whole heck of a lot!  The only thing left is ornamental grass and even that, I chopped down this morning, in anticipation of the supposed snow storm coming this weekend.

My seed catalogs are coming so the next couple of months will be spent planning.  This year I am going to try to start some seeds (tomatoes, broccoli and maybe some others).  I'm also redesigning the median strip and getting rid of all the tall plants.  My neighbors are tactful in telling me it's a pain to get out of their cars into the jungle.

Skimia


Miscanthus

The bottom two grasses were chopped down this morning.


Winter Jasmine.  Hard to see the buds here but this will start to bloom in Jan with a couple of warmish days.  It's the first to bloom.

Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment