Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dark Days Challenge 2010-2011 - Week 9

This week's local meal for the Dark Days Challenge is blueberry buttermilk pancakes.

The recipe is from a wonderful cookbook (this can be my next cookbook post too!) called The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham.  I've had this book for over 20 years and it shows.  It's already been repaired once and now the pages are falling out again.  Do I buy a new copy or just stick with this old one?  I had actually bought this cookbook for an old boyfriend about 25 years ago - and somehow it ended up back with me.



There are many recipes I use in this book but for sure, it is my source for pancakes and waffles.  It has the easiest buttermilk pancake recipe.

1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
3 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda.

Mix dry ingredients, then add buttermilk, egg and melted butter.  Mix until everything is moist.

Now, I used 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal.  Then added blueberries on top, while frying.

The flour and cornmeal were from Wade's Mill.  Buttermilk, egg, butter were from South Mountain Creamery.  Blueberries were picked last summer at Butler's Orchard and frozen.





1 comment:

  1. I'm missing blueberries right about now. Smart of you to freeze some!

    ReplyDelete