Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Garden

I have a new vegetable garden.  It's in the same plot but it's completely redesigned.  My gardening neighbor had a little triangular plot that was adjacent to mine.  Friends of his were using it to teach their children about gardening.  The friends have moved away so my plot neighbor suggested that the little piece of land be incorporated into my plot. How could I say no?  After checking that it was ok with our garden overseer, this weekend we got to work.

Parsnips and Fava Beans


The added section is in upper left - from the barrel to the left.

This past weekend we worked on expanding my fence to enclose the little area, plus the path that was between my fence and the triangle.  The end result is about 100 more square feet!

Lettuce under frame, mustard greens, arugula, onions, leeks, garlic, beets



Last year I attempted to create better paths and raised beds.  While working on expanding my plot, my gardening neighbor and I decided to make the raised beds and paths a little more organized.

The batteries ran out while I was taking pictures. More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment