Monday, December 28, 2009

New Knitting Project

I barely finish the old project when I have a new one lined up.  I get emails from various knitting groups and this one caught my eye to try from the Knitting Brewing Co.

Mystery Sock II Knit-along.

The idea is you get a new clue to part of the pattern every week or so.  You need to sign up to Ravelry and join their group. 

So I ordered the Mint Julep as my main color and the Last Call as my contrast color.  Imagine my surprise that when the yarn and first clue arrived, I discovered it was written for the Magic Loop style of knitting socks.

Thank goodness for You Tube.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon with the laptop and my knitting, trying to figure out how to do it. I frogged 2 times and I think 3rd time's the charm.  I seem to have the hang of it. 

The pattern involves Mosaic knitting which I have done in the past, so hopefully it won't be too much of a challenge.

Size 1 needles and fine yarn - it's time for new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment