Sunday, October 31, 2010

What's blooming Oct 31

I haven't worked in the yard in over a month.  There is more work to be done in fall than any other time of the year.  I spent several hours yesterday pruning and I didn't even make it to the backyard.  Now is the time to cut back most of the plants and start thinking about what to do different next year.  I planted the medium strip a couple of years ago with cuttings and divisions from my other plants and some of it is just not going to work.  My neighbors have been kind to not complain about the difficulty of getting in and out of the cars but since we park on the street, I know I need smaller, lower growing plants.

The asters are in bloom

Shrub rose


Japanese Anenome with foliage of Fothergilla

Berries on the Skimia - I've lost all the skimia on the other side of the house.

Fuzzy bee on lavendar



Ornamental grass, flowering


Beautyberry

No comments:

Post a Comment