Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am ready for Spring!

I'm in the doldrums.  My seeds have arrived and in the past few years, I've been able to start planting in mid March.  No such luck this year, since there is still lots of snow on the ground.  I walk outside my house and look at the houses across the street that face south and not a snowflake to be found. Then I turn around and look at my front yard that faces north and there must still be a foot of snow on the ground.  The poor boxwood and rosemary plants are being uncovered and all I see are broken branches.  There will be lots of work cleaning up this spring.

This weekend my honey and I took a mini vacation and drove to Richmond, VA.  By the crow flies it's only 90 miles but when one leaves on a Fri late afternoon, it's 3 hours.  The reason for the visit was to attend the North American Handmade Bicycle Show

Whenever Sean and I go anywhere in DC or nearby MD, it always seems like I meet someone I know.  I think he gets a little exasperated!  When we walked through the convention center to the bike show,  the thought went through my head - briefly - if there would be anyone I knew at the show.  Lo and behold, an hour later, outside the booth of an exhibitor, I did a double take at a guy.  He was wearing a name tag and it turned out to be the dad of a good friend of my daughter's.  Sean just rolled his eyes at me while I was introducing him.

This was one of the coolest bikes at the show.  A tricycle for adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment