Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dark Days Challenge Week 18

When you don't know what to do with the vegetables, juice them.

Sean had a juicer that he didn't want so he gave it to me.  When I went online to find an owner's manual for it, I discovered that it had been recalled.  The result of the recall was that I got a brand new juicer!

Juicing is for the times that  you just can't possibly eat anymore of that vegetable that is going crazy in the garden.  There is a lot of waste with juicing and it takes a bushel of produce to make a decent amount of juice.

I had golden beets from my winter CSA and parsnips that I dug from my garden.  I decided to see what they would all taste like as juice.  It was pretty good but needed something sweeter like apple juice to temper the flavor.

Golden Beets - from Winter CSA


Parsnips from garden.  Dug the rest of them up today

Pulp leftover from juicing
Glass of juice

No comments:

Post a Comment