Sunday, July 4, 2010

Recipes from the garden

The garden is producing like mad.  This week, it's going to be close to 100 degrees every day so I'm going to have to water morning and evening, I think.    I'm from New England, and after living in the south (North Carolina before DC) for 16 years, I'm still not used to the hot and humid weather here.

Yesterday, Sean and I went blueberry picking at Butler's Orchard.  He needs some picking training as I seemed to have filled up my container while he was eating the berries off the bush instead of putting them in his bucket.

Here is the garden harvest and some things we made with the fruit and vegetables.


Blueberry Cobbler

Right out of the oven

Yesterday's haul


Leftover zucchini from relish making.  We decided to bread and fry the slices


Garden tomatoes, broiled with mozzarella cheese

Tonight's dinner.  Zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, layered with bread crumbs, basil, mozzerella, parm and topped with beaten egg.  A favorite from the Moosewood cookbook

Cucumber Purslane salad with minty garlic yogurt sauce

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy with the canning and cooking - everything looks so beautiful and delicious! I'm longing to try out some of your recipes but it's gonna be a few weeks before my harvest kicks in, I'm afraid. In the meantime I'll drool at the computer...

    ReplyDelete