Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dark Days Challenge Week 1

I just ate breakfast and realized the whole meal was created from local sources.  Today is the first day of the challenge that runs from Nov 15 to March 15.  The kids and I discussed it last night and decided to visit the farmer's market in Dupont Circle today

http://www.freshfarmmarkets.org/markets/dupont_circle.html

My DC friends will find this hard to believe, but I have never been to the Dupont market.  For the most part, I don't go to farmer's market since between my CSA and my own garden, there is little I need.  This year,  my employer started a farmer's market on Wed, on campus.  Every week I walk out of the library and visit the friendly people staffing the table for the Upper Crust Bakery.  I think I've tried every type of bread so far.

Back to my breakfast.

Bacon, the last slab from my Black Hog, raised by my CSA farmer, Allan.
Eggs and butter, delivered to my door from South Mountain Creamery
Bread - made this week by Brian (the ingredients weren't local but I'm not going to count basics like flour and yeast).

So I had 4 slices of heritage hog bacon, scrambled eggs and a piece of toast with butter.

I would have taken pictures but I ate it all before I could get the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment