Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipes from the garden

I'm still harvesting lots of greens from my garden - arugula, kale, mustard along with chard from my neighbor.  Today is a holiday for my kids so we are all home and I decided to clean out the fridge and make some food

Lentil Soup

(from the garden - garlic, carrots, pureed tomatoes, arugula, mustard greens)

Saute chopped onion with some minced cloves of garlic.  Add diced carrots.  Cook for a few minutes, then add 1/2 cup green lentils and 1/2 cup french lentils (tiny green ones).  Add a pint size package of thawed pureed tomatoes with a couple of cups of water.  Bring to a boil and simmer until lentils are done.  I added a teaspoon of dijon mustard and a splash of sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.  Once lentils are cooked, add chopped handfuls of greens.


Arugula Pesto

(from garden - garlic, arugula)

I followed this recipe for the pesto - except I forgot to add the raw garlic to the food processor.  I also froze most of it in ice cube trays and didn't add the cheese.  Cheese will be added when pesto is thawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment