Friday, January 1, 2010

Dark Days Challenge Week 7

Last night, S and I made zucchini quiche with roasted green beans

Quiche

Milk, eggs, cheddar cheese - local dairy, South Mountain Creamery
Zucchini - my garden
Shallots - my garden
Crust ingredients - flour and butter - not local (S made the crust before I could give him the local butter)

Roasted Green Beans with garlic

Green Beans - my garden
Garlic - my garden

Toss beans and peeled garlic cloves with olive oil, salt and pepper.

I baked the quiche at 375 for 30 min, then threw in the beans along side and cooked another 30 min.

Green beans and shallots


S making pie crust.  He is the master



Milk, eggs and cheese from my local dairy


vacuum packed zucchini from my garden


Waiting for the custard


S making custard


Yum - baked quiche and roasted beans

1 comment:

  1. Excellent looking quiche! And a nice way to use up all that excess zucchini.

    Since you are using homegrown ingredients, would you like to enter this post in our Grow Your Own roundup this month? Full details at

    http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2010/01/rambutans-plus-grow-your-own.html

    ReplyDelete