Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's blooming May 17

Lots more blooming in the yard.  It's been raining the past couple of days and will be for the next couple of days.  That's ok, the plants need the rain

Bellflowers (with gnome)

Shade garden doing great
Huge Hosta!

I used to not like Hostas until I discovered the beautiful varieties.  These really need to be divided

Carolina Smoke Bush

Dianthus

This is the most bizarre plant - I thought I had transplanted lamb's ear.  The leaves are fuzzy but these flowers are not what lamb's ear look like.  I've searched and it seems to be Rose Campion. I have no idea where it came from since I never planted it anywhere in the garden.  Oh well, the flowers are very pretty.

Dianthus - smells like cinnamon

I don't remember planting these!  They are a delicate bulb - yellow and some pink.  I can't remember what they are

Sedum

Pink Dianthus viewed through chive flowers

Lavender mixed with thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment