Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's blooming May 9

I've spent the past 2 days totally cleaning up the yard and gardens.  Lots of weeding, mowing, transplanting, watering, and pruning.  Made a trip to the nursery to buy plants for containers and some mulch.  Didn't have the energy to do that today but it's on the agenda for tomorrow.

A perennial geranium - Johnson's Blue

Climbing roses.  Didn't realize until I looked at these later that there is a clematis blooming under it.

Siberian Iris.  A colleague gave me some a few years ago and now it's time for them to be thinned

Jude the Obscure roses with clematis

White peonies with Baptisia on the left and irises on the right

Dianthus - smells like cinnamon

Some kind of daisy - I thought they were shasta but apparently not!

I love these clematis

Shrub roses.  I know they are common but you can't beat them for color all summer

No comments:

Post a Comment