Monday, May 3, 2010

What's cooking from the garden this week

I need to clean out the freezer of old produce to make room for the new.  Last week I defrosted the last of the sour cherries and dehydrated them



The garden is starting to produce.  I picked Arugula and more Rhubarb yesterday.

Arugula Pesto

2 cups packed arugula
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/2 cup or more olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Toast unpeeled garlic in a skillet over medium heat for a few minutes, until garlic is browned.  Let cool and peel.  Combine arugula, walnuts and peeled garlic in food processor.  Pour in olive oil while on.  Salt to taste and mix in cheese

Freshly washed arugula from garden


My food processor is 25 years old.  A workhorse.  I've replaced one part on it. 

I freeze in ice cube trays.  To do this, don't add the cheese.  Freeze, then pop out and put in ziplock bag.  Once defrosted, then cheese can be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment