Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday in the garden

It's been awhile since I've posted - I've been in Maine for two weeks, visiting my mom, her partner, her bees and chickens.  Last night, Sean and I arrived home after a long 12 hour drive.  Today, I went to the garden and picked a TON of food.


This is winter squash - planted late but there are lots of flowers and little squashes so I'm hopeful.  It's a kind of Kabocha, called Amber Cup


Sweet Potatoes!

The cucumbers - growing on some old window screens


Tomatillos - against the fence

Tomatoes - didn't do so well this year

Green beans - eaten by bugs - Chard

Today's harvest


Blackberries from the community bushes

onions, potatoes, hungarian wax peppers, cukes

Carrots, zucchini, beans

plum tomatoes, tomatillos, onions

No comments:

Post a Comment