Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's hotter than Hades out there

I went to garden this morning at 6:30 to pick and water - there were a bunch of us there and a nice surprise - one of the gardeners donated a drum composter and had it delivered yesterday - now to figure out how to use it.


Picked the first cucumber and zucchini today.  Pulled out the rest of the garlic and dug up the first shallots.

I am having good friends to dinner on Sunday and my friend Jennie has requested garden food - so the menu will be

Slow roasted pulled pork
Brats on the grill
Split grilled chicken (since the grill will be going, I thought I might as well roast a chicken)
potato salad
something with green beans - either roasted or a salad
leek goat cheese galette
fava bean puree with pita
watermelon
sour cherry crostada

The pork is my heritage hog.  Potatoes, green beans, leeks, fava beans, shallots, garlic from garden.  Cherries picked last month

Today's haul

Shallots

Garlic

More garlic, potatoes, zucchini, cuke

Green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment